VSJ 104: THE TOUR OF THE GREAT LAKES OF RIFT VALLEY - 4 Days / 3 Nights
(The lakes Baringo, Bogoria, Nakuru, Elementaita and Naivasha)
- Excellent Game Viewing Opportunity
- Three meals a day with optional snacks and tea time in between
- Both Local and International Cuisine prepared by our expert Chef
- Time to explore and shop for artifacts and other products
- Interaction with locals at every opportunity to learn of culture
- 1 - 3 hrs guided walking tour with a Maasai moran for nature walks
- 1 – 3 hrs visit a Maasai village for cross cultural knowledge exchange and Maasai dance
- Local bars available for your favorite drink
- If you are lucky you may see the big five; lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos and buffalos
- Golden chance to be at the World Famous Maasai Mara Game Park and Amboseli Game Park
- Experience the best of Kenyan Camping Safaris
- Polite and experienced English speaking crew
- View the wildlife, enjoy the scenery and interact with the local people
- Opportunity to extend tour
All you need to carry is your change of clothes, drinking water and a few personal effects. Please note that on camping safaris there is limited space on your safari van and therefore you are just required to carry a small rack sack.
Day 1 Nairobi-Lake BaringoThe safari starts early enough and heads straight for the Great Rift Valley, passing the lush green farms and homes to enter the sparsely populated plain lands of the Rift Valley. Arrive at Lake Baringo environs and stop for picnic lunch, embark on a tour of the lake. Proceed to the lake Bogoria to set camp and then embark for an early afternoon game drive and return for the evening program of dinner and overnight.
Day 2 Lake Bogoria - Lake Nakuru Start with an early morning b/ fast and then proceed for an exit game drive on the way to the lake Nakuru. Experience the dynamics in climate and terrain change. Arrive in Nakuru town for a hot lunch, an afternoon siesta before starting on the afternoon game drive and return at dusk, in time for a hot dinner and then retire for overnight.
Lake Nakuru Highlights. The lake and park are both next to a cosmopolitan fourth largest city of Kenya called Nakuru. Due to ancient volcanic deposits the lake is an alkaline lake and is known for its shallow nature. Millions of the greater and the lesser flamingoes inhabit the lake and feed on algae species that thrive on the lake for growth. The park is an ornithological complex, and supports a considerable number of bird species. It is a sanctuary of the endangered black and the white rhino. The big five consisting of the lion, the leopard, buffalos, and rhinos inhabit the park, apart from the elephant that is not to be found in this park. There is a huge presence of the yellow acacia that umbrellas the park and forms a splendid view. There is a baboon cliff at the edge of the lake which provides a vantage panoramic view of the lake’s profile. Accommodation in the park is at wildlife clubs of Kenya,(W.C.K.) guest house; worlds wildlife fund,(W.W.F.) guest houses;( half board apart from foods and the best alternative for campers). There are lodges of Sarova Lion Hill and Lake Nakuru Lodge for full board guests.
Day 3 Lake Nakuru - Naivasha On this day having an early breakfast carrying picnic lunch, then proceed for an elaborate, exit game en route, pass through the baboon cliff and view the profile of the lake from a vantage position. Arrive in Naivasha via lake Elementaita and set camp at the Hells gate park for overnight. Enjoy boat rides at the lake and hitchhiking before setting camp and retiring for dinner and overnight.
Lake Naivasha;This is a fresh water lake, situated a few kilometers from the town of Naivasha. Lake Naivasha is set amidst the spectacular Great Rift Valley, Lake Naivasha is the highest and second largest freshwater lake in Kenya. One of the most beautiful lakes in Kenya, Naivasha is situated at an altitude of over 1, 880 meters above the sea level, offering breathtaking views of the Rift Valley Mountains and forests. One of the most surprising characters of Naivasha is that in spite of being freshwater lake it has no visible outlet to escape water. It's also popular for its rich and diverse bird and wildlife population, including flamingoes and hippos. One of the major tourist destinations in Kenya, Lake Naivasha is visited by thousands of tourists and bird lovers from across the world every year.
Day 4 Lake Naivasha- Nairobi The wakes up is moderate and after breakfast then de-camp and prepare for another tour of the park and its environs, the Naivasha town. See the largest of the flower plantations and then embark on a fast on the road tour to Nairobi, for check in at your hotel or the Jomo Kenyatta airport.
Please request for the safari cost by filling in your details after clicking on the Reservations Button below. The price depends on season of travel, class of accommodation and the size of the group.
Tour Cost Includes
- Transport in a customized safari van with open pop-up roof for game viewing and photography
- Accommodation on full board in budget tented camps as per the itinerary
- Driver's and chef's/cook's allowances
- All park entry fees and game drives
- Park fees for vehicle and driver
- Use of camping equipment and utensils
- Applicable government taxes
- All tips
- Extras at the camps
- Personal expenses
- Optional hot air balloon flight safari - US$ 450 per person extra
- Optional visit to Maasai villages - US$ 20 per person
- Personal travel insurance
- International or local flights and departure taxes