Brief Tour of Maasai Mara, Lake Naivasha and Amboseli National Park ( 6 days) - VSBP 36
- Excellent Game Viewing Opportunity
- Three meals a day with optional snacks and tea time in between
- Both Local and International Cuisine prepared by our expert Chef
- Time to explore and shop for artifacts and other products
- Interaction with locals at every opportunity to learn of culture
- 1 - 3 hrs guided walking tour with a Maasai moran for nature walks
- 1 – 3 hrs visit a Maasai village for cross cultural knowledge exchange and Maasai dance
- Local bars available for your favorite drink
- If you are lucky you may see the big five; lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos and buffalos
- Golden chance to be at the World Famous Maasai Mara Game Park and Amboseli Game Park
- Experience the best of Kenyan Camping Safaris
- Polite and experienced English speaking crew
- View the wildlife, enjoy the scenery and interact with the local people
- Opportunity to extend tour
All you need to carry is your change of clothes, drinking water and a few personal effects. Please note that on camping safaris there is limited space on your safari van and therefore you are just required to carry a small rucksack.
Day 1 Nairobi – Maasai Mara
Arrival from your hotel or the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. A mini van will take you from your hotel or from the air port, and starting from the city you travel to the rift valley view point where you are given ten minutes to take your best photos and also stopping for lunch on the way. driving to the Maasai Mara Game Reserve for a light game drive and retiring for dinner and overnight. Overnight at a budget camp.
Maasai Mara Game Reserve offers an absolutely unique variety of animals. The reason is that this hilly region is both humid and fertile and is crossed by the rivers Mara and Talek full of crocodiles and hippo and which carry water the whole year around. The banks of the rivers are covered in thick forest which gradually makes way for bush and grassland the abundance of water and excellent availability of food are reasons why the Maasai Mara which in fact is a condition of the Tanzanian Serengeti National park has the greatest population of wild animals in the whole of Africa. There is a particular dramatic “spectacle” from July to November the annual migration of huge herds of gnus and zebras. These herds are of course closely followed by predators such as hyenas, jackals, leopards and lions. There is no place where more of these latter may be seen than in Maasai Mara gigantic herds of over 200 buffaloes can be observed. Plenty of food is available for elephants, giraffes and the many species of antelopes and gazelles all of which can be observed in their natural habitat. Stay at selected public camp sights in erected portable tents or at Mtito andei town in a highway motel, still enjoy your mobile chefs services
Day 2 Maasai Mara full day
On this day it’s essential to have a pre-breakfast game drive before returning for a full breakfast and then carrying your lunches with you then you embark for a comprehensive game drive, returning at dusk for dinner and overnight. Overnight at a budget camp
Day 3 Maasai Mara - Lake Naivasha
After Breakfast proceed on game drives to flash out the numerous species of wildlife that make the Maasai Mara one of the most famous Wildlife Sanctuaries in Africa, depart in the mid morning for Lake Naivasha and continue after lunch for outdoor tours of "The Happy Valley" the occupants of whom were highlighted in the movie "White Mischief". An evening excursion to Crater Lake, one of the most beautiful lakes in Kenya with dinner on the floating restaurant in this exclusive sanctuary occupies most of the evening. Overnight at a tented camp.
Day 4 Lake Naivasha - Amboseli
We have an early start after breakfast for Hell's Gate Game Park either biking or by Safari Minibus. Trekking and biking in this unique National Park - being one of the only parks in Kenya where walking and biking is permitted allows you to have an energetic morning. Proceed to Nairobi for lunch and then to Amboseli National Park. Arrive in the afternoon, amidst game en route then head for the campsite and settle, and then retire for dinner and overnight. Overnight at a tented camp
Day 5 Amboseli full day
Start the day with a spectacular early view of the Mt. Kilimanjaro, then after a filling B/fast then proceed for the game viewing and scenery drive that will enable you have a memory of a lifetime. Break only for a chef made hot lunch at the camp, before resuming the remainder of the evening with an afternoon game drive. Overnight at a tented camp
The Wonders of Amboseli
The combination of scenery, people and animals is what makes the Amboseli National Park fascinating. Beautifully situated at the foot of the towering and snow peaked Mount Kilimanjaro - Africa's highest mountain, Amboseli is situated in Maasai land, here you can see lions , cheetahs, spotted hyenas and wild dogs as well as gnus, Kaffir buffaloes, Burchell’s zebras and herds of elephants . All these animals come to drink at water holes consisting of small lakes or muddy ponds replenished by water from the melting snows of Mt Kilimanjaro. The northern lake Amboseli contains water only after rain. Stay at selected public camp sites in erected portable tents.
Day 6 Amboseli – Nairobi.
This is an early wake day and after breakfast then you are entitled to a fast pace exit game drive that will summarize your memories of Amboseli and its animals. Drive to Nairobi with picnic lunches, a short break for lunch and head for Nairobi city, for check in at a hotel or at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Please request for the safari cost by filling in your details after clicking on the Reservations Button below. The price depends on season of travel, class of accommodation and the size of the group.
Tour Cost Includes
- Transport in a customized safari van with open pop-up roof for game viewing and photography
- Accommodation on full board in budget tented camps as per the itinerary
- Driver's and chef's/cook's allowances
- All park entry fees and game drives
- Park fees for vehicle and driver
- Use of camping equipment and utensils
- Applicable government taxes
- All tips
- Extras at the camps
- Personal expenses
- Optional hot air balloon flight safari - US$ 450 per person extra
- Optional visit to Maasai villages - US$ 20 per person
- Personal travel insurance
- International or local flights and departure taxes