Backpacker Tours in Kenya, Budget Camping Tours in East Africa,
Some of the best five day backpacker safaris in Kenya are given below and these budget tours in Kenya gives the intrepid traveler the best opportunity to experience the richness of tented camping in the Africa Wilderness places
Backpacker Paradise Tours - 5 days- VSBP 34
(A four night five days Tour of the South and the Southwestern frontiers Kenya)
- Excellent Game Viewing Opportunity
- Three meals a day with optional snacks and tea time in between
- Both Local and International Cuisine prepared by our expert Chef
- Time to explore and shop for artifacts and other products
- Interaction with locals at every opportunity to learn of culture
- 1 - 3 hrs guided walking tour with a Maasai moran for nature walks
- 1 – 3 hrs visit a Maasai village for cross cultural knowledge exchange and Maasai dance
- Local bars available for your favorite drink
- If you are lucky you may see the big five; lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos and buffalos
- Golden chance to be at the World Famous Maasai Mara Game Park and Amboseli Game Park
- Experience the best of Kenyan Camping Safaris
- Polite and experienced English speaking crew
- View the wildlife, enjoy the scenery and interact with the local people
- Opportunity to extend tour
All you need to carry is your change of clothes, drinking water and a few personal effects. Please note that on camping safaris there is limited space on your safari van and therefore you are just required to carry a small rack sack.
Day 1 Nairobi- Maasai Mara.
The safari begins in this capital of Kenya and with picnic lunches, through the ultra modern suburbs of Nairobi, and to a fifteen minute stop at the view point of the Great Rift Valley for a scenic view and a photogrpahy session. Arrival at Maasai Mara Game Reserve in time for lunch at your camp. Ensue for a light game drive before you return at dusk and settle for dinner and overnight.
Maasai Mara Game Park Highlights The most important aspect of this park is to note when visiting is that it is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. This park is habited by one ethnic community of Kenya, the Maasai community who also has been co habiting with the wild and live in a harmonious manner. This is a community based Game Reserve, and is an extension of The Serengeti National Park in Tanzania, where zebras and the wildebeests migrate from Serengeti in late June through to mid September, making it the only phenomenon of its kind in the world and therefore a Great Wonder of the world. It has a very high concentration of wild animals, with an almost a hundred percent seeing guarantee. The park has various conservation areas and is also an ideal place for field excursions.Stay at selected public camp sights in erected portable tents Or at Mtito Andei town in a highway motel, still enjoy your mobile chefs services
Day 2 Maasai Mara full day
This is a heavy day with a full package of the whole day game tour, taking you to the famous Mara River and hippo pool for the great Mara experience. (This is the home of the wildebeest and zebra migration). View the different predator cats, i.e. the leopards, lions and the cheetahs. Return for dinner and overnight.
Day 3 Maasai Mara- Amboseli
The wake is an early one and after breakfast we proceed for a quick peek at the Maasai Mara and its environs as you tour this part of the Rift Valley en route to Amboseli National Park and via Nairobi. A quick lunch at one of the many fast food restaurants in Nairobi. Arrive at Amboseli National Park with a short game drive as we proceed to the public campsite with your tents. We retire for dinner and overnight under the starry African sky.
Amboseli National Park Highlights
Amboseli National park is in the southern parts of Kenya and is semi arid, with whitish soil and and its vast swamps, which flow all the way from Mt Kilimanjaro, with the picturesque view of the ever prominent Mountain. Situated along the Kenya Tanzania border, This has for a long time been referred as the elephant sanctuary, known for its vast herds of the jumbos, who are enormous in size as compared to most elephants of other parks. It is governed by the Kenya Wildlife Services, (K.W.S.). The park has a seasonal lake that is passable when dry, and is plain such that you can see animals from afar as they slowly search for water. Inside the park is also found the Maasai of Amboseli, who believe that they are more Maasai than the ones found in Maasai Mara, they also mingle freely as a way of life with the animals of the park. Therefore a visit to the Maasai village is a plus for you, quench your thirst with your questions about the Maasai and get your answers by their spokesman directly. Stay at selected public camp sights in erected portable tents
Day 4 Amboseli Full day
This is an enthusiast’s day and very early wake is essential for an early sighting of Mt. Kilimanjaro. After b/ fast then embark on for a half day game drive, return for a hot lunch made by the private chef, before embarking on for another evening game drive around the park till dusk and retire for a nice hot dinner and overnight.
Day 5 Amboseli - Nairobi.
After a moderately early breakfast then begin a safari with en route tour for the city of Nairobi after b/ fast. Have a memorable experience at Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta Airport or a hotel of your choice for the evening, dinner and overnight.
Please request for the safari cost by filling in your details after clicking on the Reservations Button below. The price depends on season of travel, class of accommodation and the size of the group.
Tour Cost Includes
- Transport in a customized safari van with open pop-up roof for game viewing and photography
- Accommodation on full board in budget tented camps as per the itinerary
- Driver's and chef's/cook's allowances
- All park entry fees and game drives
- Park fees for vehicle and driver
- Use of camping equipment and utensils
- Applicable government taxes
- All tips
- Extras at the camps
- Personal expenses
- Optional hot air balloon flight safari - US$ 450 per person extra
- Optional visit to Maasai villages - US$ 20 per person
- Personal travel insurance
- International or local flights and departure taxes