VSJ100: Camping Holiday Vacation to Africa- 3 days
A camping safari that takes you to the inner Africa
Do you like traveling? Do you like adventure?
If yes then this is the best package for you! Try this safari- Kenya camping tour and find out just how much you are eligible to discover about the other side of the world a captivating treasure of the world. In this camping safari a Kenyan crew exposes you to the raw and intimate features of the ancient animal world, the magnificent scenery and the very harmonious existence of both wild animals and the local communities together. Here you are one; with the untamed wild, ferocious beasts of the jungle, ready to tear any visible prey or perceived danger to smithereens, yet they have existed together with similarly wild human community to match the ancient world; these people have completely guarded more than 90% of their culture and ancient practices that will baffle anyone who really thinks this is a completely modern world. Visit Kenyan parks and its people; the Maasai, Samburu, the Turkana, and the Rendile in various game parks.
- Chef led culinary art display, at all the meals, just for you
- Free time on culinary exchange notes and advice
- Three meals a day with optional snacks and tea time in between
- learn about your favorite local foods
- enjoy full board package within a camping tour.
- tasting of locally prepared artisan products
- Wine, cheese, canapés paired luncheon prepared by a chef on selected days.
- free time to explore and shop for artifacts and other products
- best of acclimatization, sun baths, strolling and noshing experiences
- 1 - 3 hrs guided walking tour with a Maasai moran for nature walks
- 1 – 3 hrs visit a Maasai village for cross cultural knowledge exchange and Maasai dance
- Local bars available for your favorite drink
- Free time at Nairobi for excursions and shopping at kaleidoscope of markets
- If you are lucky you may see the big five; lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos and buffalos
- Golden chance to be at the World Famous Tsavo Game Park and Amboseli Game Park
- Experience the best of Kenyan Camping Safaris
- Polite and experienced English speaking crew
- View the wildlife, enjoy the scenery and interact with the local people
- Opportunity to extend tour
All you need to carry is your change of clothes, drinking water and a few personal effects. Please note that on camping safaris there is limited space on your safari van and therefore you are just required to carry a small rack sack.
Day 1 Amboseli National Park
Pick up is most convenient from your hotel or Jomo Kenyatta International Hotel, and immediately start the safari to Amboseli, drive through semi arid sections toward and along the Tanzanian border, the home of Mt. Kilimanjaro, and the famous Amboseli elephants, known for their massive size. Arrive in the afternoon with an elaborate game-en-route. Advance to the campsite and retire for a hot, chef made dinner and then enjoy the African evening for dinner and overnight.
Amboseli National Park Highlights
One of the most captivating features of this park is the Mt. Kilimanjaro, and the splendid views boasting of the fresh water swamps. The combination of scenery, people and animals is what makes the Amboseli national park fascinating. Beautifully situated at the foot of the towering Kilimanjaro, it Is the home of the brightly painted Maasai tribe, here you can see lions , cheetahs, spotted hyenas and wild dogs as well as gnus , Kaffir buffaloes , Burch ell’s zebras and herds of elephants . All these animals come to drink at water holes consisting of small lakes or muddy ponds kept filled up by water from the melting snows of Kilimanjaro. The northern lake Amboseli contains water only after rain.
Stay at selected public camp sights in erected portable tents
Day 2 Amboseli – Tsavo West
Start this day rather early for an excellent view of the Mt. Kilimanjaro, enjoy an early breakfast as its convenient to start the safari along the Kenya Tanzania border toward Tsavo, only more bush to seen and the native Maasai of these region. Arrive in the afternoon just in time for a dry semi arid thicket and shetani lava flow, and Mzima springs. Arrive at the camp in time for set up and dinner a spectacular view of the African sky and overnight stay.
Day 3 Tsavo West – Nairobi
This is a day when you want to have memorable pictures; so start your day after breakfast, then after de-camping and breakfast then drive your way back, enjoying mostly the vast beautiful scenery, make an easy way drive toward Nairobi, arrive in the evening for check up at your hotel or the Jomo Kenyatta Airport.
Tsavo Game Park Highlights
Vast savanna vegetation that is semi-Arid and sparsely populated, Nevertheless the Tsavo national park founded in 1947 is one of the most visited tourist attraction in Kenya. It’s manned by the popular Kenya Wildlife Services, K.W.S., and is electrically fenced and well guarded, all the nature intact in its original form. In spite of its arid countryside and savannah vegetation on reddish sand-like soil,( responsible for the red elephant colour); about 60species of mammals and 400 different species of birds are to be found here. There are many animals,(Oryx, kudus, giants gazelles and giraffe, including lions and cheetahs, Burchell’s zebras, Maasai giraffes baboons and vervet monkeys of the birds the most impressive is the Maasai ostrich).The block buster of the tour is the Mzima springs, with crocodile and hippo pool. The water is so clear that fish and other aquatic animals are readily visible from an under water glass hut. Find out also the geography of Shetani Lava flow.
Stay at selected public campsites in erected portable tents or at Mtito andei town in a highway motel while still enjoying your mobile chefs services.
Please request for the safari cost by filling in your details after clicking on the Reservations Button below. The price depends on season of travel, class of accommodation and the size of the group.
Tour Cost Includes
- Transport in a customized safari van with open pop-up roof for game viewing and photography
- Accommodation on full board in budget tented camps as per the itinerary
- Driver's and chef's/cook's allowances
- All park entry fees and game drives
- Park fees for vehicle and driver
- Use of camping equipment and utensils
- Applicable government taxes
- All tips
- Extras at the camps
- Personal expenses
- Optional visit to Maasai villages in Amboseli - US$ 20 per person
- Personal travel insurance
- International or local flights and departure taxes